Follow We Energies on social media to get storm updates and other important news.
We Energies reminds customers to report outages as soon as they occur. Report an outage by:
- Using the free We Energies app
- Going online
- Calling 800-662-4797 and following the automated prompts
Customers can receive the fastest service by having their account number ready or by providing the phone number associated with their account.
Always assume downed power lines are energized, and stay at least 25 feet away. Report any downed line to We Energies or local law enforcement immediately.
How We Energies restores power
We Energies works as safely and quickly as possible at all times to repair power outages and restore service to customers. During severe weather, hazardous road conditions may cause delays for our crews as they travel to repair outages.
Learn more about how We Energies assesses power outages and the process to restore service to customers.
Clear meters safely
Heavy snow can cover your gas and electric meters. It’s important to keep them clear of snow and ice.
- Clear snow and ice from your meters by hand or with a broom. Shovels and other tools can damage the equipment.
- Don’t bury the meters when using a snow blower or shovel.
- If you have natural gas appliances that vent outside of your home, keep the vent pipes clear of snow and ice.