To enhance customer service and communication during electric outages, We Energies has updated the look and some functions of its online power outage map. Updates include:
- The phone number to report downed wires is now at the top of the page.
- Added a new dashboard showing the number of customers out of service and the number of outages in the service territories.
- A consolidated legend has been added above the map to concisely identify icons the map uses. The icons pinpoint the vicinity of outages, indicate the number of customers without power and displays the number of outages when multiple outages occur.
- Legend icons now offer improved accessibility, incorporating shape and color – and a new link has been added to view map accessibility tips.
- Customers are able to drill down into the outage information pop-up message for specific details.
- The ability to view outages by municipality.